I hope this morning finds you, your family, friends, and all your loved ones near you, safe and sound.
If those you love are not near you, I hope they are all at least safe.
When Katrina occurred, Heather and I helped with handling the refugees that landed here in the Dallas area at Reunion Center and the Dallas Convention Center. I remember the looks on their faces, the resignation that this may be all they had left. It was certainly all they had left for the immediate future.
In the midst of this, while riding a bus between Reunion and the Convention center I sat across from a family with a boy that wasn't more than four years old. He had been given a new toy by one of my fellow relief workers and he was as happy as could be. Of course he had no idea of what or why this was occurring, and no blame can be laid on his shoulders. He'll have only the memory of being in a strange place, where a strange person gave him a toy... he probably won't remember why. But the looks on the rest of those faces, those who knew what was at stake.
And that's the reason that I hope you, and all those you care for are safe and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment