Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav v. NOLA

"This is very, very serious, and we need you to heed this warning. We really don't have the resources to rescue you after this." - New Orleans Mayor, Ray Nagin.

Alright, so I really think Nagin lacks enough leadership skills to make a good Mayor. But my opinion doesn't matter as I don't live in that area and the folks there chose their own, right?

But guess what folks, he's right. The government cannot protect you, the government cannot save you. You must do what is necessary for you and your family to survive given your own capabilities and resources.

I would have more respect for Nagin if he'd said this before, and during, Katrina. I'm also very interested to find out if Nagin once again cries and whimpers about state and federal aid... You see, even at the local level you must depend upon your neighbors to save your city, if you desire.

Take responsibility for your own life, safety, and happiness. No one else will. If you are in southern LA or southeastern Texas, get out now. Be safe. And I sincerely hope the best for you.

No comments: