First, read this. Then come back here.
Silly Border Patrol Agent.
I wonder how many degrees, or even just college level hours this particular Border Patrol Agent has under his belt. Surely nowhere near the number of hours required to be a lawyer or doctor!
But here's my first beef with this idgit's statement. When it comes right down to my health, I will tell my doctor how to do his job. When it comes right down to my need for a lawyer, I will tell my lawyer how to do her job.
Here's the thought that really strips my gears. The idgit believes in his power as a law enforcement officer, not in the power of the laws of the land. He considers himself the authority. It's very clear from his earlier statements that he doesn't respect the law. His sole use for the law is to ensure his authority.
Firstly, I doubt he can read and comprehend as well as the doctors and lawyers he slights... but I would encourage this Silly Border Patrol Agent to go back and read, review, comprehend, and understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Especially Amendment IV of the Bill of Rights. Methinks that it is up to 'We the people' to remind law enforcement of what their job is supposed to be.
I guess here is where I'll make a distinction. I have no loss of respect for peace officers. Those are the folks that know the law, know they are NOT the law, and know that their job is to ensure civility and peace. Only using the threat of force as an absolute last resort with the understanding that said threat of force is only a tool. A very blunt one. Law Enforcement on the other hand believes they are the law and their tool set is limited by their lack of ability to realize that it is not the tools that get the job done, but the brains behind the tools.
No comments:
Post a Comment